Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A bright move indeed!

I am the VERY proud owner of a Black Diamond Icon headlamp . I have had it for about 2 years, and it's one of those pieces of gear that grows on you. I almost don't go anywhere without it! So I am delighted to say that our friends from Ram Mountaineering have decided to supply us with a few headlamps as spot prizes. Now granted, they will not be Icons, but a headlamp is a headlamp, and I am sure whoever the lucky winners are will be smiling all the way on their next night excursion!

Black Diamond also make excellent hiking poles (and a whole host of cool climbing gear if you are into that sort of thing). Did I say I have two Trail Compact Hiking poles and anyone who has been out in the mountains with me knows that I try and convert them to hiking poles by letting them use mine on tricky ascents / descents!

If you are looking to buy robust, reliable technical gear, Ram Mountain is a good place to start! If they don't stock it, then it probably isn't technical or it doesn't belong in the mountains!

Have a look at the new Sprinter light, if you plan on doing Skyrun this is all you will need in terms of lighting. It is pricey, but rechargeable batteries cost about R200 so take that off the price, because the Sprinter is has a built in rechargeable battery pack.